In this article, we'll discuss the features that allow your clients to get a better understanding of their market conditions and where the data comes from:
Watch this quick video to get a better understanding of how we're educating your clients on their market conditions:
MARKET TEMPERATURE MODULE
Depending on the conditions of their market, your client will see a notification on their digest about the temperature for selling:
- Your market is heating up
- Your market is cooling off
- Your market is balanced
Please note: if we are unable to collect data for a client's area, the modules below will not show:
If they click 'take a look', they're taken to an interactive heat graph that show's them how homes in their market are selling:
We’ll provide homeowners with average time frames and property details for other homes in their zip code:
SHOULD YOU SELL NOW FEATURE
We've taken the market temperature feature one step farther, allowing clients to better understand their selling position, based on the following factors:
Home Appreciation and Depreciation
- High appreciation: If a home has appreciated 5% or more year over year.
- Moderate appreciation: If a home has appreciated 3 - 4% year over year.
- Slow home value growth: If a home has appreciated 0 > and < 2% or more year over year.
- Uncertain appreciation: If a home has depreciated by under 0.25%
We also want to help your client understand their home equity and how it impacts their cash position.
Could pocket cash:
- This will show if the homeowner will pocket at least $10k in equity after 6% selling fees.
- This will show if the homeowner adjusts the slider for a higher-priced home.
- This will show for clients who have enough equity to sell but have been in the home for under two years.
Risky cash position:
- This will show if the homeowner will pocket less than $10k and/or has owned the home for under two years.
- This will show for clients who have less than $10k in equity and have been in the home for under two years.
Market Temperature Indicator
- In high demand or In-demand market: Competition is high, inventory is low.
- Balanced market: Competition & inventory are neutral
- Cool or Cold market: Competition is low, inventory is high
We also let your client know how much homes are selling for in their area - allowing them to message you directly with intent to sell:
WHERE WE GET THE DATA
We use a third-party data provider called Altos Research. Altos provides active housing market data for 20,000+ local markets.
Please note: if we are unable to collect data for a client's area, most modules may not show.