Due to the nature of AVMs (automated value model) for determining home values, your clients may request a CMA or verification of what their home is worth. This is a great opportunity to reach out to the client to get more information on changes/updates they may have made to their home, but also an opportunity to engage with their past Realtor or suggest a new agent referral from you, their trusted Loan Officer!
When you receive a CMA request from a client, we recommend following these steps:
- Navigate to your Clients, then click the sub-tab "Needs CMA" (this is where you will see all clients who have requested a CMA that need responding to).
- Select the client/home you wish to perform a CMA for.
- Once in the home dashboard, you will want to send the agent the digest so they can assist with the CMA. Click "Send Digest" and a new field will pop up. Next to the "or preview:" you will send the digest to yourself by clicking the paper airplane button to the right of your email.
4. Once you receive the digest in your email, you can forward the digest to the client's previous Buyers Agent or a Trusted Agent that you feel is a good fit for your client.
Note: If the Agent has trouble opening the digest we recommend they right click over "see your value" and open in an incognito window in Chrome. If they have a Homebot account with us, they can also log out of their account to access the client's digest.
5. Once the Agent has completed the CMA, they should relay the updated home value to you and you can update the value in Homebot by clicking "Enter Value" in Step 2 in the client profile (see photo below).
Note: Only you can update the home value. Your agent does not have access to your Homebot account to update this for you.
Once saved, your client will now have a verified home value and a new digest sent will be sent to them with the updated value. Our system will store the change in value and apply that as we automatically update the home value each month.